Monday 19 May 2008

Can you see what I see?


The stars are rushing by above us,
Whenever I stare into your eyes,
And hold your hand.

Do you understand?

How I feel in this moment,
I know that we're both scared,
I wish that time would slow down.

But it waits for no one.

Thats why every moment is precious,
I would not dare to fall alseep,
To miss a single thing.

With you.
-Hold on to me.

Here is a part of a story that I will insert into an ongoing work of mine entitled Crying Angel. Currently I've already written three chapters that spans about 10,000 words. Those 3 chapters were written during my 'O' Levels. So you can guess how old that story is by now. Only recently I decided I should put more effort to continuing the story, since I already planned to write a total of 12 chapters then. It will become my first short novel once compelete.

And now, not to waste anymore time... A part of a story:

And so we sat there together, silently, on the floor leaning against the cold wall. I felt her leaning against me, the warmth of her body warming mine. She leaned her head over close to mine and I found myself breathing slowly and deeply. It was an intoxicating scent, the scent of her against me, filling my mind. Her delicate hands were clutching a red rose in her hand, the one I gave her earlier that night, and she rubbed the soft petals gently, longingly.

I leaned closer to her ear and spoke the poem I wrote for her:

I wish to speak only of the essential,

Because our moment together is special,

The thought of holding you so sensual,

Listening to your voice so divine,

Like chocolate for the ears,

For mine.

With her back to me, I suddenly felt a warm droplet on my hand, and I realized she was crying. I turned her head gently towards me and I looked into her tearing her eyes and she turned to embrace me.

We sat there silently for a long moment, savoring the embrace, wishing that the moment would never end. The single flame that lit the room flickered across her face; I stroked it gently while she held on to me tightly. I never felt the desire to be with her as much until that moment. To protect her and be close to her, the connection, the bond, the love.

“I feel like my heart skips a beat whenever you speak.”

“But all I do is speak the truth.” With a grin.

“You flatterer.” She pokes at my cheek, and then I notice her smiling and biting her lower lip gently.

“Kiss me.”

No comments: