Wednesday 18 June 2008

Mark of infinity

Where that water droplet falls,

And causes a ripple throughout my thoughts,

Taking in a deep breath,

As the sensation fills my mind.

Can you see I'm breathing hard?


I wonder where I placed that pill,

That takes me pain away,
Hardening my will against your gaze,
Holding hard on to reality.

What have we gained from it all?


-From a drop to a ripple




















Well School has started, and so its back to presentations and group work. I've been having a little bit of trouble concentrating as I find I have lost alot of pace since the end of the first half of the semester. Guess I've got to pick up the pace and focus even harder to continue what I've been doing so well at. This is going to be a wordy post, that is probably reflecting of my usual writing style, to be honest, the amount I write on this blog is considered very little to me, but I'll try to not write too long...

Canoe camp has started to reflect the bond of the canoe guys alot, which reminds me of the old times, when a team was so close. Its just started, and requires alot more bonding sessions thats for sure. Its a pity the girls of the canoing have yet to bond like that, their still fragmented, but then again, they've not been around as long, only a handful of the girls have been around as long as us. I was the very first guy to sign up during the IG showcase and 2 and a half months later, I'm enjoying the choice I made greatly, perhaps it requires quite abit of sacrifices, but most things do, and it feels good to be in one of toughest IGs in RP, its truly not for the weak, this isn't leisure Kayak, its Sprint Canoe, where your lactic thresholds and mental thresholds are tested time and time again, I've seen how much sweat and pain the Seniors go through, and how much more they've done compared to the rest of us, and what is to come, the sheer accomplishment of pushing oneself to that level. Its been such a long time since I've had a hint of such a challenge, a chance to push my mental limit that doesn't involve martial arts.

Breaking that stick in my hand,
I listening to the sound as it cracks,

From the first fibre to the last,
Crushing away all that was there.


I take a moment to look at what was.


Its a broken peice that I'll keep aside,

To remember the choice I made,

The words written on it bears the mark,

Of the long time spent taking care of it.


And now I've broken it. -The broken stick.



















Recent times have put me a little off course in terms of my focus of studies, but fortunately has not affected my grades, I'd say I went through a tough time mentally during the final week of the first half of the semester. And after going through my mid sem break, meeting up with close friends, canoe training... I find I've pulled through something that would otherwise would affected me in a negative way.

I'd say, in my time in RP(which isn't long) I've met so many new people, whom I hope to keep close with for a long time, its not going to be easy, but its worth working on. At the end of the day, my strongest bonds are still with my secondary school friends which have lasted until today, and are still strong, I do hope to meet the people whom you don't simply forget after a while, I hope to make friends who last, and are worth your time and attention.



Where there is a reason,
To stare into the infinity,

You'd understand why I sin,

With the choices I'm given,

Living proof of what I uphold,
I am the one who bears the mark,
The mark of who I am.

-Mark of Infinity














Thats it for today. To all, I bid thee adieu.
-Kwan

No comments: