Saturday 16 August 2008

The Road to Neverwhere

Stand tall and breathe deep,
Take in the sights and sounds,
Of the laughter and cheer,
Under the sun.

The wind breeze in your hair.

Think of the moments which you share,
With those that you would dare,
Making such fine pairs,
Where each lay it all bare.

We need to live with flair.
-Enjoying the moment

Sitting in the cafe, with my glasses and writing in my journal. I was taking in all the sights around me, the people, the designs, the activities.















Continuing from where I left off, after a long day at beach, at around 5 to 7 there is happy hour at the main pool bar! Talk about cocktails galore!















Here is a look at the main pool next to the bar.














Just before sunset.














As the sun is setting the look of the pool changes.

















This is the bell above the pool, its my favorite of designs in the whole resort.















The fountain is connected to the pool too, and is in front of the Cafe, which was where I was when I was writing in my journal.














In front of the fountain... The cafe, with the pond in front looking a runway at night... lit by fire.

On my second day, there was a performance just before sunset in front of main lobby which was different from the normal days because it was the Thai Queen's birthday. Here is a picture and video of the performance.

















Also, there were two indian weddings back to back during my stay. The first wedding, I met a group of performers there.














The party tent, in front my favourite bar... the blue bar! (I'll talk more about blue bar on my next post :P)














Here is on the performers playing with a fire baton.

Here is a video of them performing with the fire batons at the party!



The next day, we hung out at the beach, here is a photo of one the performers running away from a baby elephant!














Here is a video of the elephant. (I apologise for the scratchy sound as there was alot of wind)



Presenting my beach buddy! Yuna!














On the final night of the first wedding, there were fireworks for up to 4 minutes plus! Talk about extravagence...


Well thats it for this post... More in the later posts! I'll talk more about the second wedding and the blue bar along with my cycle to a village outside of the resort =) As for now, adieu to all!

-Kwan

No comments: